Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 29

Daily Practice
Time: 45 mins
Songs: Near You Always by Jewel and Captivate Us by Watermark
Description: Practiced the first 10 exercises on the warm-up, then did meow exercises from an old tech class.  I didn't have as successful of a practice as I had a few days before.  I really had to concentrate to not let things pull in my throat, so I was hesitant to take scales as high up as I normally do.  I'll be working with Kurt tomorrow,  I'm sure he'll help me get back on track.

I started working on some new songs-- moving away from the Broadway/auditioning circuit and finding things a little bit closer to my heart.   Fellow challenger, Chanel, set a post-challenge goal of recording a demo once a month to keep her working on new material, and also to help her track her growth.  I like that goal, so I'm going to steal it! :)

Dance Classes 16, 17, and 18
Instructors: Hillen, Chio, and Barber
Type: Ballet, Jazz Funk, and Lyrical Jazz
That's right, 3 classes, back-to-back-to-back.  That's 4hrs and 30 mins of hardcore dancing!  If you think about it, that's about how long some people take to run a marathon!  Anyways, I worked it out in all 3 classes; it was a good dance day.





Both Hillen and Chio used the same choreography as earlier this week, so I got to work more on presence and performance-- that's always my challenge because I spend so much energy focusing on the steps.  Barber's loves quick direction changes, so you have to stay focused otherwise you'll end up all wrapped around yourself and facing a different corner than everyone else.  She's also great because her movement is really open and expressive-- you can't hold back in her class; you'll just look awkward.  You have to let go and let your body move freely which is another struggle of mine, so this class is great for me.


Healthy Meals 46 and 47




Breakfast- Kashi cereal

                          Lunch- chicken and lettuce







----
Final Week Challenge Stats
Private Voice Lessons- 4/4
Coaching Sessions- 2/2
Live Vocal Performance- 1/1
NYC Industry Audition- 1/1
You Tube Demo Recording- 1/1
Charitable Deeds- 5/5
Healthy Meals- 25/25 (Personal Goal 47/50)
Live Professional Performance- 1/1
Vocal Practice Sessions- 29/30
Daily Blogs- 29/30
BDC Dance Classes- 18/20


I can't believe this all ends tomorrow... having mixed feelings.

1 comment: