Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 18

Sorry I have to be quick tonight... lots to do and need to go to bed early!

Daily Practice
1 hour
I went to Kurt's Voice Tech class today.  We worked on Rolling in the Deep by Adele.  At the beginning of class, Kurt talked about not pulling too hard on the lip trills.  He even stopped and demonstrated how quiet and soft our voices should be.  I realized that I have been way too forceful, and it's part of why my throat is always hurting.  The same realization occurred as we practiced the song today.  He talked about how we start to strain so much once we add consonants to our singing.  Instead our jaws should feel like mush or like we just came from the dentist.  I started doing that today, and everything changed!  I know I had heard this a ton of times, and I always thought I was doing it, but I obviously wasn't.   Now I need to go back and re-train myself in all the songs that I like to sing.  I started doing it today after class, and I had to stop at every other line-- recognizing what I've been doing and how it should feel now with the proper placement. 

Healthy Meals 30 and 31

 Lunch: Salad-- ground turkey, corn salsa, romaine lettuce, poppyseed dressing


Dinner: Wrap-- spinach tortilla, chicken breast, romaine lettuce, shredded cheese




Dance Class 10
Style: Ballet
Instructor: Goheen

No comments:

Post a Comment